Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Fun of NEW STUFF!

I need to enjoy that sensation of new stuff since I really don't expect to add much more to my collections of miniatures.  I recently discovered this company, Crom's Anvil, while searching for items to decorate some African villages.  Someone on Lead Adventure Forum linked to this company and it filled the bill - both figuratively, and now that I've bought some stuff, literally.
Above is my little camp, maybe the head of the slaver's and his servants, maybe someone more noble and less despicable.  I guess it will depend on the game.  I might get rid of the sword adjacent to one of the bed rolls but, then again, I might not.  Below is just a different angled view.

Above and below here we have two shots of buildings - that are not from Crom's Anvil! and, no, I don't recall where I got them specifically - that will be part of a Station of one of the Powers.  Or, maybe the scientists or even a missionary station.  Can anyone say "African Queen"?  The tower I've decided to dub Dimbobgee, an ancient remnant of the famed Tongueincheekulus civilization.

Above and below are views of what will likely be the village of the dastardly La inspired character and her minions. Well, dastardly if you are opposing her but maybe a friendlier adjective if you are running her and her forces during a game.

And here we have a couple of views of one possible arrangement of the, probably, German East African seaport of Senktopf.  For those who don't get it, that is German for Mustard Pot - Bag of Mayo was already taken, more or less, by Bagamoyo.  Yes, that is some insight in how my somewhat twisted sense of humor pretends to work.

This piece is my favorite of all the structures I got from Crom's Anvil.  As you can see, for 15 mm gaming, the ruin is quite large, bigger than I expected.  And five of those six columns come as separate pieces!  Very cool.
Above is an aerial view and below is a end on view.  My archeologists will be digging about here for certain.

I have but one regret regarding Crom's Anvil: when I asked him to expand his range to include US desert southwest buildings he demurred.  Understandable since it doesn't fit with his vision.  But that doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed.  His are the best buildings I've found in resin in 15 mm to represent adobe buildings.  I may buy some more from him any way just for that purpose since the above will be painted to represent Africa which means likely too bright and colorful for the US southwest - 19th century style.  But I'll still be searching for an adobe Catholic church for my town.  

Ah, the smell of new stuff in the morning.


1 comment: